2023 GRM, Fall Market Risk Intern/Analyst (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As Risk Analyst, Enterprise Market Risk Reporting & Analysis, you ensure that market risk exposures are provided to all stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. The Risk Analyst role provides an outstanding opportunity for you to apply big picture thinking and quantitative skills in explaining key risk factors, while highlighting material developments and trends as measured against risk limits. You will provide subject matter expertise in understanding the aggregate enterprise level risk profile from changes in the market, business lines, and risk models, as well as maintaining and enhancing a top-tier risk control infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Provide timely accurate and complete market risk reporting and analysis by taking ownership of the end to end processes that facilitate your reporting stream
- Understand, analyze and communicate the drivers, trends of risks for RBC and key sub-portfolios, and provide context therein with respect to changes in the market risk profile
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the methodologies used for Value at Risk (VaR), Stressed VaR, Specific Risk (SR), and Stress Testing
- Perform VaR model backtest analysis, evaluate and explain VaR model performance under changing market cycles and environments
- Partner with colleagues from risk teams to develop analytical tools and deliver risk insights on an ad-hoc basis in a timely manner
What do you need to succeed?
- Relevant experience required in a credit or market risk function including:
- Value-at-Risk measurement and back-testing
- Stress testing and scenario analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Strong understanding of financial markets and trading businesses, both exchange traded and over the counter markets
- Thorough knowledge of traded products including derivatives and their associated risks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, and Tableau/Power BI, SQL, VBA
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, preferably Python
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex information clearly
- MBA, MA or MS or equivalent with emphasis in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline
- CFA, FRM or other related professional qualifications
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.