2023 GRM, Fall Investigator (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As an Investigator (Canadian Banking), you will work as an integral member of the AML Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Investigations team. You will plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations into matters referred to the Unit. Through the gathering, analysis and evaluation of relevant information, you will determine whether sufficient suspicion exists of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities, to justify making a report to the Regulatory Authority. As Investigator, you play a key role in complying with legislative/regulatory requirements, and mitigating risk to RBC, in line with established RBC policy.
What will you do?
- Plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations into matters identified from media scans, transaction monitoring, as well as Unusual Transaction Reporting via internal partners
- Maintain accurate records of all investigative actions and decisions taken
- Ensure that all material and information obtained is treated in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and RBC policy
- Gather information/intelligence from all available sources, in order to determine whether sufficient suspicion of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities exists
- Prepare relevant reports as required including documentation in support of any action proposed based on the results of investigations
- Promote and adhere to RBC’s policies and guidelines on Code of Conduct, Personal and Professional Development, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection and Information Security
- Work with the Global AML-FIU Investigation Team and other FIU partners to ensure that investigations are conducted within defined timelines and are escalated in accordance with policies
What do you need to succeed?
- AML background in Canadian banking
- Strong investigative and analytical skills coupled with the ability to think outside the box.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The ability to gather and present complex information in a simple and concise manner is essential for this role
- Completion of an Undergraduate degree (Criminology/Criminal Justice Studies preferred)
- Working background/experience with the major business segments of RBC
- ACAMS Certification
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.