2023 GRM, Fall Data Analyst (8 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What will you do?
- Participate in Proof of Concept or Proof of Technology projects to evaluate operational risk technologies and platforms
- Deploy the POCs on OpenShift by using Docker and Kubernetes
- Various data analysis and data profiling tasks using python including pandas, plotly, Scikit-learn, NLTK, Dash etc
- Conduct exploratory analysis and interpretation of new and different data sources to find solutions to business problems
What do you need to succeed?
- A result driven attitude and curious mind
- 1+ years of experience performing common ETL operations on structured datasets using Python and SQL
- Analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Strong background in programming in Python including pandas, numpy, plotly, Scikit-learn, NLTK, Dash etc
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal
- Solid understanding of data management practices and data pipelines
- Strong analytical skills and competency in mathematics
- Experience with common DevOps tools; e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory,
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with source version control such as GitHub
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem HDFS/Spark/Hive
- Experience working with databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.