2023 GRM, Fall Credit Risk Analyst (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC GRM Opportunity
This is a 4 month student opportunity that will start September 2023 and end December 2023.
RBC is on a transformation journey. We are challenging how we approach problems, updating the tools that we use and diversifying our talent pool. To help us get going, we’re looking for the best and brightest people that will be both an enabler and accelerant that will push us further, faster; people who will help us disrupt ourselves and stretch our imaginations by showcasing what we didn’t think was possible.
And we’re looking for a do-it-all talent that can help get us started.
What is the opportunity?
We have an exciting Credit Risk Analyst (Co-op) role in Consumer Portfolio Management and Analytics Team in Group Risk Management (GRM). You will be given an opportunity to work in a fluid, highly skilled team helping us solve big problems and understand the opportunities and issues. Your role will be a combination of data focused, product focused and services focused. You will have access to world class experts in finance, technology, and risk management. You will be immersed in a fast paced, forward-thinking environment in Canada’s top financial institution with a 150+ year track record of success. You will support data-driven business decisions by identifying, understanding, organizing, and presenting data trends.
What will you do?
We’re looking for people that have a mix of strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, communicate well and can work through complex and ambiguous challenges. You need to be a self-driven and hyper engaged individual that’s willing to learn finance and risk management from world class teams in a fast paced and challenging environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Create/maintain concise and well thought out reports for senior leadership and external investor consumption
- Participate in specialized strategic projects
- Develop analytics and reports using tools such as SAS, SQL and Tableau. Document, maintain or enhance existing reports.
- Foster an environment of engagement by participating in internal RBC events
What do you need to succeed?
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Commerce, or other quantitative discipline
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for finance, banking, or risk management and generally striving to learn new things and develop skillsets
- Excellent MS Office Skill – Excel
- Ability to learn and absorb new concepts (in business and in systems) quickly and apply new knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – able to effectively work in a team environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to conceptualize strategy
- Attention to detail, organization, ability to multitask and time management is critical.
- Experience that demonstrates mastery of math, computer science, financial engineering, modeling, statistics, or complex problem solving
- Proficiency in programming and/or database programs (e.g. SAS, SQL, MS Access, R, Python) and other software such as Tableau, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Equally effective and conversant in business and technical environments
- Experience in financial services industry with broad understanding of banking products and services
What’s in it for you?
You get to find the challenges that are meaningful to both you and the users. You will have a chance to ignite your passions and find new ones by doing truly meaningful work that will help change the way we work and the way we think.
Gain valuable hands-on experience on advanced analytical and reporting tools such as SAS and Tableau
You will get to work side by side with awesome people that are crazy excited about what they’re doing and can’t wait to meet, work, and learn with you.
We have an exciting Credit Risk Analyst (Co-op) role in Consumer Portfolio Management and Analytics Team in Group Risk Management (GRM). You will be given an opportunity to work in a fluid, highly skilled team helping us solve big problems and understand the opportunities and issues. Your role will be a combination of data focused, product focused and services focused. You will have access to world class experts in finance, technology, and risk management. You will be immersed in a fast paced, forward-thinking environment in Canada’s top financial institution with a 150+ year track record of success. You will support data-driven business decisions by identifying, understanding, organizing, and presenting data trends.¬
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.