2023 GRM, Fall AML Investigator (Halifax 4 Months)
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Investigator will work as an integral member of the Anti-Money Laundering Financial Intelligence Unit (AML FIU) Investigations team.
You will determine whether sufficient suspicion exists of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities, to justify making a report to the Regulatory Authority for the purpose of complying with legislative/regulatory requirements, and mitigating risk to RBC.
What will you do?
- Plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations
- Maintain accurate records of all investigative actions and decisions taken
- Gather information/intelligence from all available sources
- Prepare relevant reports as required including documentation in support of any action proposed based on the results of investigations
What do you need to succeed?
- Investigative and analytical skills for the purpose of reaching reasoned and sound conclusions, with arguments that support the decision reached.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to gather, assess/evaluate and present complex information in a simple and concise manner.
- Time management and organizational skills in order to manage workload and ensure established benchmarks are met.
- Background/experience or understanding of the finance sector
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team, with opportunities to do challenging and meaningful work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.