2023 CFO, Fall Financial Analyst, Personal & Commercial Banking, Platform Financial Control (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What will you do?
- Financial Analysis: Participate in the research, analyses and accounting assessment of financial products impacting the PnL and Balance Sheet results. Assist the team in data gathering for new Regulatory/Disclosure Reporting requirements and Weekly Analysis of GL transactions.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in the streamlining of the monthly reporting of reconciliation results in alignment with the Enterprise Attestation Policy. Participate in the review of quarterly disclosures due to the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team. Engage in the variance analysis for Balance Sheet and PnL reporting for the Canadian Banking Platform.
- Automation: Analyze, improve and document on the existing/new processes. Participate in activities to further streamline current processes and improve productivity through automation and process changes.
- Projects & Initiatives: Participate in the review of new projects, initiatives, and accounting guidance. Assist in the data extraction & analysis needed for new/existing projects.
What do you need to succeed?
- Pursuit of a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Financial Risk Management with a focus on accounting, financial analysis or corporate finance; knowledge on data analysis will be an asset
- Self-motivated and independent worker with a solutions driven mind-set
- Team player who can adapt easily and work well in both virtual & office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (V-look up, pivot tables) and database software; Proficient in SQL and VBA
- Working towards the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and providing enriching learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work, make a difference and have a lasting impact
- Exposure to different areas of Canadian & Caribbean Banking Finance
As a Financial Analyst within Personal & Commercial Banking – Platform Financial Control, you will serve as a key partner to the Financial Control Team and Canadian & Caribbean Banking Financial Advisors. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with an analytical and accounting mindset along with a willingness to learn about Canadian & Caribbean Banking Finance.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.