(12 Month Contract) HR and Labour Relations Specialist
City : Brampton, ON
Category : Administrative/Clerical/Office Support
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Work Location - Brampton (Hybrid)
Employee Type - 12-Month Contract (Parental Leave) with possibility of extension
About This Opportunity
In this role you will be responsible for providing Human Resources/Labour Relations advice to business leaders, enabling them to make informed business decisions. You will support all Field Sales, Production, Warehouse and Distribution business units.
- Provide advice, coaching and counseling to local management in the area of labour relations: contract interpretation, discipline, attendance management and grievances.
- Support the grievance preparation and administration process, working in conjunction with Union representatives, HR Business Partners and internal business stakeholders.
- Track grievances and provide information, guidance, analysis, recommendations and assistance on issues and cases.
- Maintain a filing system for active grievances, referred to arbitration, monthly agendas, specific cases and documents.
- Lead and/or support investigations and fact-finding on employee and labour relations issues related to harassment and disciplinary issues.
- Support leaders with Human Resource objectives, including policy compliance, as well as performance management guidance.
- Lead the attendance management program ensuring effective training, communication and consistency within each business unit.
- Conduct training for employees and managers as required on labour relations, attendance management, anti-harassment and discrimination.
- Act as a change agent to support critical business initiatives and support leaders in all elements of effective change management.
- Minimum 1-year human resources/labour relations experience
- Proven knowledge of Human Resources practices, labour relations, employment law and recruitment
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management to address heavy peak period work activities
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven ability to exercise sound professional judgment, especially regarding confidential/sensitive matters
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner
- Intermediate skills in the MS Office Suite and HRIS Computer Systems literacy
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love. We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Coke Canada with proof of vaccination. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com