Permanent, full-time position
Founded in 2008, Pride at Work Canada is the leading Canadian not-for-profit organization promoting workplaces that are inclusive of 2Spirit, queer and trans people. We work with a member network of Canadian employers that share our vision of a nation where everyone can achieve their full potential at work, regardless of gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation. For more information, please visit prideatwork.ca.
The incumbent will be integral to the day-to-day coordination of the Executive Director’s schedule and the work of Pride at Work Canada’s Board of Directors. The Executive Coordinator will understand the value of the Executive Director’s time, bringing a strategic approach to calendar management and the scheduling of meetings. An understanding of board governance is required, as the Executive Coordinator will lead the development of board meeting and sub-committee meeting agendas.
The Executive Coordinator will embrace new challenges and have a diversity of skills that enable them to take on special projects as required. Beyond superior organizational skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills, they will bring a proven track record of delivering impeccable and inclusive customer service to the position.
- Perform day-to-day management of the Executive Director’s calendar and scheduled activities.
- Engage in the timely preparation of formal correspondence and presentation materials for internal and external meetings.
- Perform research to further the Executive Director’s work, including briefing memos on key topics, upcoming events and other activities.
- Collaborate with Pride at Work Canada’s Management Team to prepare the Executive Director for external meetings.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, provide administrative support to members of the Board of Directors and their Committees.
- Organize travel arrangements on behalf of members of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director and staff members, as required.
- At least 20% of this role will be dedicated to leading special projects in alignment with Pride at Work Canada’s mission, vision and values and the incumbent’s lived experience, professional interests and/or areas of expertise.
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree or diploma and/or professional experience equivalent to formal education.
- High level of organization for self and others, including a high level of detail orientation.
- Very strong project planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism, confidence and independence in supporting the Executive Director in a wide variety of complex issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated experience with project or program coordination.
- Demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Technologically savvy, must be comfortable with Google Suite (drive, docs, slides) and in the use of video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Meet, etc.). Ability to adapt and learn new software.
- Knowledge of Canadian governance practices.
- Demonstrated fluency in French.
- Experience working with 2Spirit and/or LGBTQ+ communities.
- A strong understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity and human rights issues.
- Previous experience working with not-for-profit boards/committees.
Work Hours & Location
Flexible, full-time hours, Monday-Friday. Must be adaptable to occasional evening and weekend work.
Pride at Work Canada’s primary offices reside in Tkaranto/Toronto, which is the “Dish with One Spoon” territory. It is traditionally the home of the Anishinaabe, Huron-Wendat, Haudenosaunee, and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
Applications from all locations across Canada will be accepted and considered.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000 per year. The benefits package includes 3-weeks’ paid vacation, dental and health coverage that includes gender-affirming care, amounts for paramedical services and other enhancements that consider the health care needs of 2S, queer and trans people.
Please submit a cover letter and resume relevant to your application in PDF format via email quoting Job ID: Executive Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm EST on Friday, April 23, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who identify as 2Spirit and/or LGBTQ+ or are otherwise marginalized on the grounds of gender expression, gender identity and/or sexual orientation are strongly encouraged to apply. Lived experience as a member of any marginalized community is considered a strong asset.
If you require any accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise at any point and we will work with you to meet your needs.