City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking and cycle counts in conjunction with the inventory supervisor to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specifications;
• Responsible for executing SAP EWM transactions around checking in shipments, creating warehouse tasks and warehouse orders, assessing product availability of orders, update orders as required.
• Provide required operational performance and delivery information to the Warehouse Manager;
• Manage an hourly workforce of unionized employees in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and the collective agreement to deliver operational and work environment objectives including communications, safety, training, performance management, work assignment, attendance management, competency assessment, coaching, and discipline;
• Manage all issues with carriers to ensure the efficient unloading and loading of trailers;
• Ensure adequate workforce resources are available for operational delivery and proposed additions / reductions to the Warehouse Manager to acquire / reduce resources accordingly;
• Ensure all warehouse employees are properly trained in health & safety and food safety policy / procedures and the duties and responsibilities of their current role;
• Review employee hours worked into the payroll system timely wage payment to employees for hours worked;
• Manage all employee issues and grievances in accordance with company policy and the collective agreement in conjunction with Human Resources and management;
• Other project work as assigned by management.
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
• Post-secondary education.
• Strong adherence to meeting productivity, quality and safety standards.
• Experience in a distribution environment
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong analytical and communication skills required
• Applies best practices and seeks out opportunities to improve processes.
• Examines opportunities for personal growth, industry knowledge, and shares this with peers.
• Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values.
• SAP experience and/or knowledge would be considered an asset.
• Able to work various shifts and extend working hours whenever required.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated