Work with manufacturing locations to improve Quality and Food Safety by providing technical support and leadership through support of department initiatives.
This position will support both Company and Franchise bottlers (9) located in Mississauga, Calgary, Moncton, Montreal, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Quebec City , Sydney, NS and St John's NF.
- Drive Quality & Food Safety Initiatives through direct support with plants.
- Protect Pepsi-Cola Trademark and ensure product quality and safety.
- Monitor, report and improve quality & food safety performance in plants that are supported:
- Trade Quality
- % Product
- % Trade Age
- % Package
- Consumer Quality
- Package Quality
- Plant Quality
- Must Have Compliance
- Achieve and maintain Food Safety Management System Certification
- No recalls
- Develop programs and tools to monitor and drive continuous improvement.
- Coach and train plant personnel to develop leadership, technical competence and effectively utilize system tools.
- Establish and maintain communication with support plants and HQ Quality.
- Support the development of the Quality & Food Safety strategy for Pepsi bottlers.
- Align MUs, plant departments on Quality & Food Safety Initiatives when applicable.
- Assess field capability and develop action plans to develop weaknesses and leverage strengths.
- Perform audits to ensure requirements are met.
- Interface with NAB to support respective region.
- Monitor category compliance.
- Ensure standard lab is implemented.
- Work with colleagues to assess, develop and execute strategy for beverage sector standardization
Technical Skills Required:
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong Analytical Capability
- Understands statistics and can coach statistical principles
- Microbiology and sanitation background
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Understands GMP requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of the beverage industry process
- Towering strength and ability to use numbers and metrics, not opinions, to dive fact based changes
Leadership Skills Required:
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Manage annual Travel & Expense budget
- Strong Influence Skills
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with other strong personalities
- Manage diverse employees
- Facilitate inclusion
- Highly motivated and self - directed
- Political savvy to drive change at all levels of the organization
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science or Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of food or beverage experience.
- 5 years of experience in quality related functions
Technical Skills and Certifications as Strong Assets:
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Certified as Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Certified Quality Auditor or Quality Manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement Job Ref: 135237BR