The Maple Leaf Foods (MLF) Purchasing team is responsible for the Sourcing of goods and services across the organization. The team is focused on maximizing contribution to the bottom line, lowering organizational risk and providing excellent stakeholder support.
An opportunity exists to join their dynamic team to manage the Sourcing activities relating to the company’s direct spend. MLF Purchasing uses leading edge sourcing and contract systems including SAP’s latest eProcurement solution. The successful candidate can expect to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and have immediate opportunities to lead challenging Sourcing initiatives.
As the Sourcing Manager you will be working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to create and implement strategic sourcing strategies. You will provide purchasing leadership, support and expertise in the areas of: category strategy support and development, RFX development and oversight, supplier negotiations, and contract development.
Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to strategically source categories relating to direct spend using our robust sourcing methodologies and e-sourcing technology, taking projects from inception to completion by:
- Development and execution of source plans for key categories
- Running transparent RFX events, developing multiple sourcing options and constructing clear business proposals
- Developing negotiation strategies and achieving internal alignment to the strategies
- Negotiating supply agreements with suppliers that limit risk to MLF
- Supporting cross-functional teams spanning from business leaders to key end users
- Managing constructive supplier relationships
- Meeting annual cost reduction targets in assigned categories
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in end-to-end Strategic Sourcing of goods and services
- Demonstrated expertise in contract development and negotiation
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Engineering
- Previous experience sourcing Indirect categories
- Experience working in a large organization
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to perform insightful analysis
- Proven negotiation and conflict management skills
- High level of energy and urgency
- Superb interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Project management and change management skills
- Appreciation of Six Sigma methodology
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in an SAP environment is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.