Req Id: 181992
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Groups offers best practice services to support the organization, including Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Brand, Corporate Services – including HR, Communications, Real Estate, Security and Procurement & Value Creation.
Bell is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Cyber Security Incident Handler – Information Security Response. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Information Security Response, the candidate is responsible for the development, coordination and response during and before cyber security incidents across Bell Canada’s enterprise network, business units and subsidiaries. The cyber incident handler will identify threats, initiate response and coordinate enterprise wide recovery.
- As a key member of Bell’s CIRT (Cyber Incident Response Team), participate in the response to cyber threats and incidents and engage directly with operational teams, stakeholders and leadership
- Respond to incidents and coordinate stakeholders in the identification, containment, impact assessment and remediation of cyber threats
- Perform and conduct network forensics, endpoint and application log analysis to identify and contain cyber threats
- In collaboration with Bell SOC and analysts leveraging SIEM, determine use case improvements for SIEM log correlation and for security analytics
- Develop methods to leverage Cyber Threat Intelligence in the identification and triage of threats
- Develop new automation opportunities through the orchestration of incident response processes and playbooks for managing cyber threats
- Lifecycle management of cyber incidents including ticket resolution, reporting of key metrics and creation of reporting dashboards and analytics
- Analyse security information and artifacts such as scan results, logs, and files in all phases of incident response. Participate and define incident handling methodologies to proactively manage security risk
- Document analysis results, identify security risks, produce reports and present to technical and executive stakeholders. Track incident risks to closure with GRC and participate in on going GRC use case development
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field, or in computer science with a specialization in telecommunications, or the equivalent
- Seven (7) years’ experience in information security
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewall/IPS/HIPS, Forensics, Vulnerability management, SIEM log correlation
- Knowledge of Malware mitigation techniques, Network security, Advanced malware protection mechanisms and Breach Detection response technology
- The following certifications are an asset: GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, EnCE
- Sound document writing skills
- Good knowledge of common office tools
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain is preferred
- The successful candidate must successfully go through extensive background verifications including but not limited to criminal record and reputational checks
- All Security personnel are required to sign a letter of non-disclosure which prevents them from divulging sensitive information that they may be exposed to during their assignment. This policy is strictly enforced.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 07/13/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa