Req Id: 197799
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Description of department
Bell provides industry-leading wholesale voice, broadband and IP solutions to national and international service providers to extend their reach across Canada and into Canada from key points in the United States or Internationally. Bell Wholesale offers a wide range of wholesale services, including connectivity, hardware, hosted and professional services, tailored to clients in a variety of segments including service providers, resellers, Internet service providers and network and systems integrators.
In addition to Bell Wholesale wide range of products, Bell Wholesale offers the reach and reliability of Canada’s most extensive coast-to-coast network as well as convenient “meet me” points in the U.S., including New York, Seattle, Chicago, Minneapolis and Ashburn, Virginia.
The Carrier Relations Team within Bell Wholesale is responsible for supporting BCE’s purchasing requirements in Canada the US and Internationally. The team negotiates rates, service levels and sourcing contracts for a variety of products and services.
Reporting to the Director of Carrier Relations, the Carrier Sourcing Senior Specialist is responsible for overall COGs Reductions, and identify and negotiate with the Canadian or International third Party Telecommunications providers in order to achieve tangible cost savings in corporate third party spend and to maximize Bell’s Buy / Sell successes to ensure Bell’s spend reduction targets are met or exceeded.
The Senior Manager and COGs Reduction manager has a passion for containing costs while at the same time best servicing our Business Unit customers’ needs. He is responsible for recommending strategies related to carrier services vendor assessments and purchasing terms and conditions to help ensure products or services ordered are delivered on time at the best quality and value. Strategic direction also includes setting policies and methodologies for sourcing new products or services, approving vendors, and determining when products should be sourced to a single vendor or to multiple vendors to provide for a stable and consistent supply. The strategic sourcing director collaborates with internal business partners to understand demand and supplier trends, and analyzes financial information related to total cost of ownership to identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Overall primeship to deliver the portfolio’s PTOC reduction objectives through both negotiation and COGs validation for our Bell Business Markets and Wholesale business units and maximizing Buy / Sell opportunities in conjunction with other Bell partners
- Perform complex analysis and reporting to identify cost savings opportunities, support key supplier reviews, including quarterly strategic reviews of existing suppliers base and recommend and perform appropriate supplier management activities
- Develop and complete commercial agreements with third Party Telecommunication providers for both Data and Voice interconnectivity to achieve tangible cost savings
- Generate RFP Quotes with suppliers to provide best solution and pricing for large RFP’s while strongly engaged with other Bell teams stakeholders and their representative in their quest to deliver bids and business services
- Working with the Business Units to help better define their Domestic and International Supplier strategy with the objective of minimizing costs, ensure suppliers are delivering on their requirements and ensuring long term market success
- Forecasting and managing spend and funnel opportunities as required for business unit planning and management
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for simplification and cost reduction through ongoing supplier charges review and analysis
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for simplification and cost reduction through reviews with Product Management, Sales, Operations, Network Planning and Provisioning and through customer feedback
- Developing and implementing contracts and associated compensation models in conjunction with Legal, Regulatory and other BU stakeholders
- Initiate and coordinate projects to introduce new suppliers or new services coordinating activities to ensure both rapid implementation and COGS benefits
- Comply with POA and Bell procurement policies
- Successfully resolving commercial disputes through negotiations when needed
- Responsible for overall vendor management including commercial aspects of supplier performance metrics tracking and the coordination of related appropriate commercial supplier reviews. Coordinate external research and provide assessment of carrier services supply market conditions.
- Manage supplier risk for business-critical managed programs.
- Effectively prepare, coordinate and conduct supplier negotiations.
- Memorialize results of negotiations through development and review of contractual language with support from Bell legal.
- Develop methodologies to capture savings as well as value derived negotiations and ongoing improvement activities.
- Communicate strategic sourcing results to Carrier Relations director.
- Ensure Sourcing meets its committed savings objectives, by conducting variance to plan analysis.
- Analytical, planning and strategic skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional and cross-BU teams.
- University degree in Electrical engineering or law or business management or equivalent work experience
- 8 -10 years of telecom experience and product/business knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of the telecom wholesale market
- Sourcing negotiations experience
- Contract management experience
- Self motivated and not afraid of ambiguity
- Knowledge of legacy and new data technologies
- Challenge the status quo
- Strong Interpersonal skills, Strong Leadership, innovative and team oriented individual
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced/time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical, strategic planning skills
- Excellent skills to build strategies views, recommendations and business case with power point or other tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse contracts and Carrier charges and identify optimization opportunities pertaining to costs / agreements
- Team player with excellent communications skills
- Delivers under pressure with excellent time management skills and prioritization
- Knowledge of CRTC - telecommunication services regulation environment
- Knowledge of FCC - telecommunications regulation averment
- Proven negotiation skills and excellent listening skills – Quickly understand the needs of both internal and external
- 5 years of Carrier Sourcing or Procurement management experience
- Able to work well in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of telecom data and ip services
- Spoken & written English – Fluent as the majority business is conducted in English
- Knowledge of the following services but not limited to;
- Transport – Layer 1 physical network, and Layer 2 and 3 data transmission including core and edge backbone capacity and aggregation, IP Transit, and last-mile access. Also looks at bilateral and peering arrangements.
- Ethernet –Layer 2 Ethernet connectivity, EoD, and transport solutions from basic interconnectivity through to value-added Ethernet VPN and mobile backhaul over Ethernet, and DWDM wavelengths. E-NNIs and the evolution of Ethernet Exchanges.
- IP Services –platform-based IP communications, including basic and premium QoS-enabled VoIP, IP Centrex, SIP trunking, Telepresence and data WANs. Next generation cloud services and or white-label cloud enablement solutions for resale.
- CDN and Media Services –traditional cacheing and distribution of video and content on the Web, and on private networks and coverage of content trading and rights management. Includes coverage of the delivery of video content moving into higher value services beyond basic CDN, such as advanced video compression and broadcasting.
- Managed services – covers managed wholesale solutions, network consulting including NGN migration, and managed infrastructure and operational processes. Includes managed cloud and data WAN services, managed broadband, and managed wholesale voice platforms.
- Mobile wholesale services – examines the portfolios and strategies of wholesale telecom companies seeking to meet the needs of Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), including for example international roaming, hubbing, mobile broadband and data, mobile voice termination, IP eXchange, MMS, SMS, GRX, etc.
- Voice –traditional fixed-line telephony transport and worldwide termination, including voice exchanges and wholesale call signalling/voice routing features
- Data Centres
- Full time in the office with occasional travel
- Ability to travel internationally (specifically United States) as required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 07/06/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal