City : Toronto
Category : Accounting, Financial, Insurance
Industry : Business Services
Employer : Deloitte
Service: Risk Advisory
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Reporting to the SOC (Security Operations Centre) manager at a permanent client work site in downtown Toronto, the incumbent is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. In-depth knowledge of security monitoring, incident handling, security operations processes, threat management, and common industry technologies supports delivery and execution of managed security services offered by Deloitte. The analyst will also be a key player in building world-class security operations capability that is aligned with our strategic direction and that helps the firm better deliver on new and existing engagements.
- Analyze activity trends in the client’s environment using a mix of tools and analytical methodologies to hunt for threats not otherwise detected by configured security alerts and to contribute to the tuning and development of SIEM use cases and other security control configurations to enhance threat detection capabilities.
- Perform in-depth investigation of events of interest identified during threat hunt activities or security alerts received from various security technologies as per defined investigation and response procedures.
- Liaise with appropriate internal stakeholders during the investigation process to determine whether a security incident has occurred, identify the root cause and provide appropriate recommendations for remediation.
- Work closely with your team to exceed our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects.
- Build knowledge of and stay current on developments in the cyber threat landscape to adapt investigation techniques and provide recommendations to the client on responding to and remediating related incidents.
External Posting Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science, Information Security or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a SOC analyst, incident responder or threat hunter ideally working in a CIRT
- Direct prior experience with core security technologies such as security information and event monitoring systems (SIEM), firewalls, network and host intrusion prevention and detection systems, proxies, vulnerability scanners, and anti-virus solutions
- Good knowledge of threat hunting methodologies and tools
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
- Operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows)
- Penetration testing and ethical hacking
- Malware analysis (dynamic and static)
- Industry certifications (CISSP, GIAC – GREM/GCIH/GCIA/GCFA) are a strong asset
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python, shell, etc.)
- Prior experience working with security analytics tools
- Knowledge of analytics and machine learning models