Req Id: 206074
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell's commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Reporting to the Promotions & Marketing Director, the Senior Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for working with elements for promotions - on-air, online and on location, including the following:
- Work with the Promotions & Marketing Director in the development and implementation of promotions & marketing campaigns that focus on the branding of each station (6 stations)
- Work with Promotions Director & Sales Account Managers to develop promotional strategies & packages that align with client objectives
- Accompany Promo & Marketing Director for client meetings as needed
- Work with Digital Account Manager to develop integrated solutions for clients utilizing online and on-air promotional elements
- Provide wrap up reports for campaigns to identify successes and challenges
- Develop and manage social media engagement plans across 6 radio stations
- Research and recommend client partnership & event opportunities to drive revenue and brand awareness
- Network with promoters to secure concert & event tickets with VIP experiences for 6 stations
- Organize and run weekly promotion meetings
- Develop written script for online contest pages, blogs and station newsletters
- Assist with the creation of content for social media and station blogs in relation to integrated promotions or client campaigns
- Represent all 6 stations at all times interacting with listeners, clients and charities on a daily basis
- Provide creative approvals for on air promotion scripts & web pages
- Representing the Promotions Department at external events and in various internal capacities
- Provide excellent external and internal customer service
- Minimum 2 years of broadcast or related promotion experience required
- Formal education from a recognized broadcast or media and communications program
- Able to work with minimal supervision but also function effectively in team-oriented situations
- Flexible with availability to work evenings and weekends
- Passionate about Promotions and Radio
- Outstanding computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammatical and proofreading ability
- Ability to perform administrative duties independently and efficiently
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Takes a detail-oriented, proactive approach to work
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to work under pressure, handle associated stress and react quickly and accurately to daily deadlines within a collaborative atmosphere
- Valid G Class Driver's License (Ontario)
- Job status: Temporary Part Time ( maternity leave)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday: 9H00AM to 5H00PM. Availability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Work locations: 883 Upper Wentworth St., Hamilton, Ont. and 12 Yates St., St. Catharines Ont.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Hamilton || Canada : Ontario : St. Catharines
Application Deadline: 07/21/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Hamilton