Req Id: 188472
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
If you love…
- Innovation. As our Product Owner, you will drive and maintain a technical product backlog in a highly technical, complex and innovative domain (SDN, NFV, ONAP)
- Open Source. Our team is truly committed to open source. Working with us, you will have the opportunity to influence the whole industry direction through involvement & commitment to major open network automation initiatives (ONAP - Open Network Automation Platform)
- Community. Ours is awesome. You will interact with architects, developers and devops engineers co-located in an Agile environment, work in an open space and be part of a global open source community
- Networking software. You will shape our Network Service Orchestration platform, the core platform designed to automate our SDN (Software-Defined-Networking) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) enabled intelligent network in real-time
- Technology. You will deal with a variety of cutting edge Software and Networking technologies that will shape how Bell will transform how networks are build and operated
And you want to…
- Own a backlog. Work with key stakeholders (business product managers, architects, network architects, operations, developers, DevOps engineers) to design, maintain, prioritize and distribute a highly technical backlog (features, story) across 3+ Agile teams
- Ensure product quality. Enforce the definition of done / ensure completeness of the stories delivered by the team
- Lead planning. Plan and manage the goals, scope & timelines of sprints, milestones & releases for the platform
- Learn. Sharpen your expertise in Software-Defined-Networking, Network Function Virtualization and Cloud.
- Be involved with open source communities. Drive SDN and NVF innovation within Bell and in the entire industry
- Drive architectural direction. Also be a key contributor to the Product Technical architecture (software architecture, network architecture)
…then, you're the perfect fit for our team! We want to get to know you.
We are seeking:
- A candidate with at least four (4) years as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Business Analyst, and a minimum of two (2) years experience with Agile methodologies.
- A great balance of technical knowledge in both Networking and IT to drive a low-level technical story backlog for developing software in the SDN/NFV network orchestration space. If you do not have the Networking background but you still think you can learn it fast and be a great fit to our team, just take a chance!
- Someone enthusiastic who can quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, with a strong aptitude for innovation
- A candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (A good sense of humour is a bonus!)
- Someone with a high technical depth, architecture experience and technical leadership who can bring new solutions to the table and challenge established solutions
- Someone passionate about the networking automation domain and relevant knowledge in Networking
- Someone who can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
- A team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertain and changing needs
If you have one of these, it's even better:
- You have experience with SDN/NFV or Networking. You have good understanding of the SDN/NFV technology landscape, key networking protocols, models and tools (ONAP, Opendaylight (ODL), Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf, Fd.io/VPP)
- You have experience working in a multi-team / scaled agile environment
- You have experience participating to open source communities
- French/English bilingual
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
Who are we?
Bell is changing and we're seeking new talented individuals to accelerate this transformation. Gone are the days of the traditional telecommunications, today is the era of innovation. Be ready to experience fun, to explore new technologies and learn every day.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting Bell's SDN and NFV network strategy. We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic Senior Product Owner to guide the development of our Network Service Orchestration (NSO) network software platform. As the Product Owner, you will design, maintain and prioritize the feature/story backlog, manage dependencies between features, and ensure the quality and delivery of the product. Working in a highly technical ecosystem combining advanced Networking and Software complexity, you will work with business product managers, software architects, network architects, network operations, software developers and DevOps specialists to maintain a highly technical and value-focused backlog that can be understood and executed by the development teams.
Join the NSO team today!
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 03/31/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal