City : Toronto
Category : Banking
Industry : Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 61546
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Join Scotiabank, as we embark on redefining the future of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) capabilities in the Bank by leveraging cutting edge technologies. You will be part of a dynamic team as we rollout enterprise platforms globally to many different business units. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank.
Located in downtown Toronto & reporting to the Director Development, AML Technology, the Senior Manager Development (Senior Manager) will be responsible for managing a team of IT professionals to provide technology guidance, project delivery and transition to support
The Senior Manager will be required to collaborate with internal business partners, software vendors, project and resources managers, business analysts, developers, release managers and architects to drive the delivery of projects.
The Senior Manager thrives on challenges, is proactive & dynamic, and demonstrates initiative plus the eagerness to learn.
Occasional weekends or overtime will be required, depending upon project commitments and timelines.
• Ensure the development team is working effectively and meeting delivery commitments.
• Ensure proper support procedures and processes are in place to support the various existing production systems.
• Champion the implementation of new tools to improve the effectiveness of the team.
• Manage the department including recruitment, retention and staff performance.
• Manage communication with all area of the enterprise that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk & resources.
• Build strong working relationship with peers within business lines and partner.
• Negotiate IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality, etc…
• Participate in vendor product assessment and selection.
• Keep abreast of current and emerging best practices and technologies and developing implementation plans to integrate these practices within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have at least 9 years of progressive technical working experience within the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• You have at least 2 years of technical working experience with Hybrid Agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum).
• You have at least 2 years of working experience in providing technical leadership to IT development teams & managing projects on a day-to-day basis.
• You have proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from business users, development and senior management.
• You are creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
• You have a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including automated testing and deployment methodologies.
• You are flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, and can make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• You are reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• An asset to have experience with: 1) AML & Compliance software (Oracle Mantis/FCCM, Fircosoft, Fiserv FCRM, FINTRAC and FATCA reporting); 2) DevOps; 3) Integrating 3rd party vendor products; 4) Onshore & offshore models.
• Working experience in the banking and/or financial services industries is an asset.
Post-secondary in Computer Science or in a related technical field.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated