City : Toronto
Category : Accounting, Financial, Insurance
Industry : Business Services
Employer : Deloitte
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Reporting to the Finance Senior Manager, Partner Tax and Accounting, this role is accountable for proactive support related to tax and accounting matters for both partners and retired partners, nationally.
* Please note that this is a temporary 12 month role *
- Preparation of account reconciliations, year end working files, and journal entries for partner retirement allowances (PRA), partner loan accounts, bi weekly draw accounts, deferred income accounts, and other partner accounts as required.
- Ensure alignment of costs between the various entities is maintained.
- Prepare book entries and financial statements for a trust related to partner capital contributions.
- Review bi-weekly draws and monthly PRA payment files to ensure accuracy and collaborate with the senior manager to rectify any discrepancies.
- Prepare, input and ensure accuracy of all stop draw and payroll change advice forms related to any partner or retired partner changes.
- Prepare a posting summary to reflect contractual agreements with retiring or departing partners and post all entries to the partner accounting system once authorized.
- Track and post all deferred entries related to retired and departing partners.
- Co-ordinate the refund of all capital for departing partners.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of yearend tax files and annual capital call packages.
- Reply to incoming requests from retired partners and prepare appropriate documentation as required for bank changes, benefits changes, partner deaths, and other changes.
- Prepare retirement allowance estimates for retiring partners or partners requesting them.
- Prepare annual plan, forecast, and five year plan for the partner retiring allowance.
- Prepare annual indexing calculations and correspondence for plans requiring indexing and input appropriate forms once approved.
- Update and ensure accuracy/completeness of all information related to partners into the partner accounting and partner retirement allowance systems.
- Prepare annual file of units to be updated into the retirement allowance system including adjustment for Deloitte Management Services LP (DMS) units where applicable.
- Review annual DMS data file for correct bank accounts and correct allocation data.
- Prepare annual CAP calculation file reflecting the annual CAP rate.
- Prepare annual draft file reflecting the annual CAP reduction, if applicable, consistent with firm policies for CAP.
- Assist with the preparation of upload files to reflect CAP reductions, indexing, and units.
External Posting Qualifications
- Degree in business /commerce and currently enrolled in a professional designation program related to finance/accounting.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a finance role in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word, and a working knowledge of MS-Access.
- Working understanding of pension administration
- Knowledge of SAP and Blackline beneficial.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Must be diligent and well organized with a keen eye for detail.
- Client focused with a proactive and results-oriented approach to their work
- Strong ability to deal with senior leaders including retired partners of the firm.
- Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset for this role