PRODUCTION TEAM LEAD - DAY SHIFT
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Production Team Leader will be responsible for providing direction to the Team Members within Wieners or Deli/Bolo. This role will be accountable for ensuring lines are running effectively and optimally within their area with a trained team in place at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Execute against standardized work methods to meet daily and weekly production schedules
- Monitor and analyze production inputs, outputs and key metrics
- Attend and participate in daily meetings such as OEE stability, productions, and work order meetings
- Act as single point of contact for employee issues and concerns and providing follow-up in a timely manner
- Conduct grievance, incident investigations, counseling, and discipline meetings
- Properly administering the Collective Agreement
- Review OEE spread sheet and prepare review presentations
- Accurate payroll processing
- Complete daily signoff of all documents along with completing daily production shift reports
- Conduct communication, safety, and food safety meetings
- Review view of action items with other team leaders from production meetings during shift handoff
- Planning, organizing, and executing product tests
- Coach production Process Leader and Team Members on delivering business results, professional development and individual performance issues
- Audits processes: People System, FSQA, Reliability predictive practices
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review FS/QA, People, Reliability and CI KPIs
- Drive a strong safety culture (H&S and Food Safety)
- Develop Team Members through certification training and coaching, providing clear roles and consistent support and feedback for all employees
- Foster and maintain positive union and employee relations environment by treating all employees with respect, providing timely feedback and grievance resolution
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives to reduce waste and improve overall operational results
- Effectively operate SAP and MES
- Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health & Safety and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management
- Guide and support all employees in Maple Leaf's values
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Post secondary education in Operations Management, Business or related field
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a unionized, manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel) and time and attendance applications (Kronos)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Environment - Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 24-7, 2 shift operation
- Volume & Complexity of Work- A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
- Travel Requirements – Minimal
- Physical Requirements - Low
Environment - Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 24-7, 2 shift operation
Volume & Complexity of Work- A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
Travel Requirements - Minimal
Physical Requirements - Low
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.