This position is a key player in developing and sustaining of effective business relations between Maple Leaf Foods and the Maple Leaf Poultry Producers in Alberta such that credibility is established and maintained.
- Maintain and potentially increase market share of live chicken;
- Upgrade the quality of chicken being procured by MLP;
- Support special programs in the field such as RWA etc.;
- Conduct bird evaluations on farm and/or submit birds to labs if required;
- Work in partnership with our Feed Plant Partners to ensure proper feed availability necessary to meet weight targets and program mix targets;
- Attract and retain new entries into the broiler business.
- Develop and manage budget;
- Develop and deliver training and communication binders and tools for producers;
- Maintain a weekly journal for their Manager and also submit reasonable expenses in a timely fashion;
- Provide effective and timely responses to Grower concerns/issues (may require flexible working hours at times);
- Establish and maintain a regular field presence for MLP;
- Assist their Manager in driving awareness and understanding of the Leadership Edge Values within the Department;
- Assist Growers to improve chicken quality and farm profitability through aiding their analyses and interpretations of data;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Providing vacation coverage within the Department as needed;
- Get involved in the industry at large;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years working experience
- Experience in broiler production an asset;
- Post-Secondary certificate, diploma or degree in a related field of study
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Advanced computing skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Strong Team Player but fully comfortable working independently and autonomously
- Self motivated
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Willingness to learn and apply Six Sigma methodologies and tools
- Willingness to conduct bird evaluations in the field
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.