MILLWRIGHT MECHANIC (NIGHT SHIFT)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people. POSITION SUMMARY:
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees. Our millwright rate is $39.36/hour, with an additional premium of $0.40/hour for the night shift. RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results,
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action,
- Perform regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance program,
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics,
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades,
- Welding of equipment or part repair,
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Must have Red Seal Certification,
- Must have own hand tools,
- Knowledge of plant and equipment operations,
- Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision,
- Ability to work in a team based environment,
- Must be able to work overnight shift
- Good mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Available for weekend overtime as production demands require
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.