Canada’s leading protein company, Maple Leaf Foods is looking for a dynamic business & marketing professional. The successful candidate will be a balance between a commercially driven leader looking to run a business and a consumer focused marketing leader with a track record of success delivering profitable growth.
The Marketing Associate will support the Marketing Manager in leading the commercialization of their business category, providing expert knowledge of brand and consumer interactions, channel development and consumer communications campaigns with a diverse product portfolio. WHY MARKETING AT MAPLE LEAF FOODS?
Immersion in Maple Leaf’s Marketing department will provide you with the opportunity to deeply experience the core elements of the discipline. The people on our Marketing teams enjoy a variety of developmental opportunities and learning experiences, and value the many benefits that Marketing at Maple Leaf foods has to offer. What’s your passion? The ability to be entrepreneurial:
At MLF, you have the opportunity to manage and control your business, inclusive of P&L ownership, product portfolio design, cost/price decisions, advertising/promotional programs, and more. Working for a Canadian organization, headquartered in Canada:
At MLF, we are not governed by an overseas or U.S. head office. All strategic decisions are born here, all thought leadership takes place here. This allows for agility and speed, and creates more learning and development opportunities for our marketers, as our senior leadership positions are also here. The opportunity to own your impact:
A common saying at MLF; “the decisions we make today, are reflected at store, in the market, and in the share price tomorrow”. Our successes are ours to own, as are our failures. When you see a product in store, you know exactly how your work contributed. There’s a unique thrill and level of engagement that comes with that kind of ownership, and unique learning opportunities for marketers as well. The opportunity to work for an established and well respected Values Based employer:
Our culture is rooted in our values in a way that’s demonstrable and real. We take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers, our employees and in the communities where we live and work. This extends to how we treat the animals in our care, how we reduce waste in our systems, and in our commitment to making safe products for the families that trust our brand. Protein is a vital food item that all consumers can connect with on a deep level, and our industry has stability:
Protein is a unique product area, and is virtually always “on trend”, in that it is a necessary component in our everyday welfare and survival. We have to get our mix right, but protein is not going away as a product group, and we can proudly stand behind (and feed our own families) our products knowing that we are effectively nourishing the country with safe and great tasting food!
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver the marketing plans.
- Conduct monthly analysis on business performance using Nielsen and internal data sources to identify a course of action to achieve targets.
- Monitor competitor pricing, promotion and distribution activities and inform plans.
- Lead in-depth business reviews to develop strong marketing plans.
- Support the team in identifying, testing and recommending innovation launches that drive share and profit growth.
- Prepare artwork, packaging and labeling of new and improved products.
- Support the development of customer presentations with category stories, competitive advantages, capabilities and product presentations.
- Identify, test and execute opportunities to enhance margins.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree and 2 years progressive marketing in a Consumer Packaged Goods organization
- A creative thinker with a passion for consumer-marketing and an appetite to learn
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong team player with well-developed “people interaction” skill set.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to anticipate potential issues, keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize multiple data facts, make business recommendations and present data with ease.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.