City : Toronto
Category : Accounting, Financial, Insurance
Industry : Business Services
Employer : KPMG
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
KPMG’s Financial Management Advisory Practice helps organizations maximize efficiencies and drive business value across the enterprise. We do this by working with CFOs and other finance leaders to help them transform their finance function using the core drivers of change: process optimization, target operating model development, and information technology.
We empower finance functions to become more insightful and true business partners. We are trusted advisors in budgeting, and forecasting, close and consolidation, reporting and analytics, and all other areas of finance.
The KPMG Financial Management Advisory Practice is looking for a Manager to build a highly visible presence for Finance Transformation & Optimization services while responding to the changing needs of external clients. This role will be responsible for leveraging existing capabilities within the Management Consulting group and helping drive expansion opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage Financial Management Advisory projects including large scale Finance transformation, system implementation and process improvement projects.
- Support the development of proposals and marketing events.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to senior and executive level client stakeholders.
- Help organizations to manage their risks and improve their performance.
- Identify business development opportunities for Financial Management Advisory projects.
- Work with senior KPMG leaders to enhance and integrate service offerings across the Management Consulting and Advisory practices.
- Manage, mentor, and train Consultants and Senior Consultants within the Financial Management Advisory Practice. Develop relationships and partnerships with other KPMG offices
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Commerce, or related field or equivalent experience
- Completion of MBA or Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA)
- Seven to ten (7 – 10) years of experience consulting/advisory in various aspects of Financial Management with a focus on large scale Finance transformation projects
- Five or more (5+) years of experience providing Financial Management software (ERP or Performance Management) and system implementation consulting services as part of the finance transformation initiative with knowledge of Hyperion, SAP BPC, or Cognos an asset
- Experience working in a client facing role across a variety of industries and businesses
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, work closely in a collaborative team environment and lead teams and project deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client requirements
- Experience with financial governance solutions (e.g. Blackline, Trintech) an asset
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.