Maple Leaf Consumer Foods, Walker Drive is looking for a great leader and passionate person who is experienced, energetic, results driven and has a strong desire to supervise and develop the maintenance department, people & processes in a business that embraces continuous improvement. The Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. Working closely with other team members, the Maintenance Supervisor strives to maximize facility up time and daily production, while ensuring that all facility equipment is properly maintained through the application of the proper maintenance tactics. This is a “hands-on” supervisory position which is relied upon to lead tradespeople to excellence in maintenance and the achievement of world class results.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff;
- Supervise repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors;
- Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work;
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects;
- Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time;
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness;
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment;
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability;
- Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans;
- Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings;
- Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future;
- Ensure compliance with BRC and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal labour regulations and adhere to the terms and conditions specified in the appropriate collective bargaining agreements;
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program;
- Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Manager when necessary; and
- Other responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will be:
- At home in a manufacturing environment and have leadership experience in a unionized environment;
- Familiar with the concept of world class maintenance and best practices;
- A licensed tradesperson with related experience
- Conversant in preventive and predictive maintenance tactics;
- Willing and flexible to work shifts as and when required;
- Comfortable using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP-PM preferably;
- Recognized for their ability to troubleshoot and demonstrated organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills;
- Experience in a food processing or manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Able to manage maintenance and maintenance resources effectively through the use of key performance indicators and benchmarking; and
- Proven record for identifying reliability issues and participation implementing improvement strategies.
- Successful applicant must be flexible on shifts as they are dependent on business needs
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.