MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - BRANDON, MANITOBA
(Relocation Assistance provided for those who qualify)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maintenance Supervisors at the Brandon plant will primarily look after the mechanical repairs and maintenance of the plant. The individual however will take on and expected to perform well cross functionally with Production and other functions within the plant as well.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Frontline supervision of trades people; motivate maintenance team to high performance
- Key Performance Indicators: Reduced Downtime, Improved Wrench Time, Maintenance Excellence Index, Maintenance Budget, Safety Scorecard
- Oversee the maintenance staff day-to-day equipment and process challenges
- Planning, leading, organizing, controlling Normal, Corrective, Preventive, Repairs & Maintenance
- Work towards ensuring optimum equipment uptime and reliability
- Develop, implement preventive/predictive maintenance program
- Budget control in assigned area of responsibility
- Day, afternoon, night, weekend, and shift work involved; and
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ supervision experience in a fast paced, unionized environment required.
- Strong equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping knowledge required.
- Medium/Heavy equipment, automated packaging, refrigeration, steam equipment overhaul experiences a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting, adjusting, or repair new or existing equipment.
- Familiar with electrical, health & safety, CFIA/USDA statutory regulations.
- Preventive and proactive maintenance strategy expertise essential.
- Knowledge of MS Office required, AutoCAD, MS Project a plus.
- Initiative, sense of urgency, “Can-Do” attitude a must.
- Strong knowledge of labor relations issues. Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Electrical or Millwright tickets would be an asset.
- Candidates applying must be flexible to work days and afternoons (rotating bi-weekly)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.