The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Stores post and will be responsible for ensuring that parts and supplies are ordered and issued for maintenance while ensuring best practice as defined within the Maple Leaf MRO system. The incumbent will also be responsible for the integrity and execution of SAP data, inventory control, vendor relationships and reporting.
- Purchasing/receiving/stocking, ordering spare parts and materials required, establishing and achieving inventory levels as required to support the plant
- Review and approve incoming parts and materials, match necessary paperwork and verify integrity of order
- Organization of stock room, and inventory management including monthly cycle counts (physical inventory counts)
- Create SAP numbers for parts identified as required for the plant and existing inventory
- Prepare parts and equipment to be sent out
- Preparation and administration of all maintenance PO’s and purchasing administrative duties that include sourcing, expediting, inquiries, ordering, receiving and administration of maintenance requirements.
- Clear issues (blocked/parked) Invoices as per Accounts Payable and set up/correct Vendor issues as needed within the MDSS environment
- Address supplier issues; quality of parts and workmanship and follow up on shipping variances and invoice discrepancies
- Provide regular reporting on parts inventory and spare parts - purchases, receipts, delays, and cost reduction.
- Provide regular reporting on budget/spending and work completion
- Issue PM’s as required in the maintenance system to ensure that all preventative and predictive routines are met
- Create and modify PM activities
- Switch Work Notifications to Work Orders and provide parts or materials as required
- Plan and schedule maintenance activities as required
- Develop and maintain relationship with supplier network, OEM, vendors and third party contractors to maintain service agreements and ensure maximum value attained in parts and service sourcing and scheduling
- Follow Maple Leaf C3 policies and procedures related to purchasing, receiving and inventory
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma in Purchasing/Inventory Management preferred
- 2-3 years of inventory control/buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of inventory practices
- Knowledge of computerized stockroom inventory and computerized work order system
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience with SAP PM and SRM modules or similar CMMS/purchasing systems a strong asset
- Ability to quickly adapt MRO best practices and implement in SAP
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels from production floor to senior management
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.