Purpose of Position:
To provide direction and support for the entire Maintenance system during IROP situations & daily operations. The successful candidate will also assume the role of the Duty Manager, Maintenance Control as required.
- Oversee the Line Maintenance related matters on a system wide basis.
- Monitor and Maintain Technical Dispatch of Fleet.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Dispatch and the Commercial Operations Manager (COM) on issues that will impact operational aircraft.
- Monitor and track ALL rescheduled maintenance items, MELs, CDLs and Deferrals using Trax and MX Control.
- Liaise with the maintenance bases & maintenance planning to ensure timely rectification of MELs, CDLs and Deferrals or other outstanding maintenance discrepancies.
- Liaise with Maintenance Quality, System for authorization of AOG maintenance on company aircraft at non-maintenance stations and authorization of Ferry Flights, test flights, etc. This may include liaison with the Bombardier Help Desk.
- Liaise with Flight Dispatch and provide current and continuous reports of general mechanical status of entire fleet.
- Provide technical or functional guidance to other staff: Flight Crews & Line Stations, Contract maintenance personnel, Line Planning, Base Supervisors, Crew Chiefs, Stores, & Airports.
- Communicate and document status of IROPS, occurrences, and emergencies to appropriate persons.
- Coordinate with the PUM and the Planning Unit Coordinator (PUC) on the routing of aircraft required for specific maintenance functions.
- Coordinate maintenance requirements during irregular operations in an effort to minimize costs and disruptions.
- Liaise with the Material Coordinator to expedite acquisition of required replacement parts in the event of irregular operations or mechanical interruptions.
- Implement action to be taken to protect aircraft during inclement weather at an operating station and determine further action to be taken by appropriate maintenance personnel.
- Participate in Maintenance projects and review Groups as required.
- Coach line/hangar employees for consistent quality completion of responsibilities. Give feedback and support in conjunction with coaching.
- Provide assistance to the bases in acquiring resources and tools for support staff to perform their duties.
- Demonstrate support and commitment to the diverse needs of staff.
- Create an open, honest and supportive work environment.
- Encourage ongoing teamwork through meetings, open dialogue, team challenges and informal collective experiences.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- AME License (ACA Holder) with 5 years of experience.
- A minimum of 2 Aircraft Endorsements.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word etc.).
- Knowledge of FliteTrac, MXPlan, & Trax is an asset. Must be computer literate.
- Good working knowledge of the functions of other departments. E.g. Supply Management, Flight Operations, etc.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints during irregular flight operations.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Previous Maintenance Control experience is an asset.