Maintenance A - Electrician, Tuesday - Saturday, Afternoon Shift
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintain high safety standards
- Troubleshoots, repairs and installs electrical and mechanical services with a knowledge of 600 V AC and lower field wiring, complete with an understanding of associated instrumentation and control/PLCs
- Completes work requests, applies corrective measures
- Performs preventative maintenance and regular Work Orders, accounts for inventory and labour on computerized maintenance system
- Fulfills requirements of work order programs including requesting assistance when needed
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Other responsibilities as required
WHAT DOING A GOOD JOB LOOKS LIKE:
- Directly helps the department and the facility to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Fulfills all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold a valid and current Ontario Industrial Electrician Certificate
- Must have a full complement of hand tools, IDd for Food Safety program
- Able to work shift work and overtime as required including weekends
- Able to do heavy lifting regularly (up to 50 lbs)
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.