Req Id: 202675
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
The Information Technology team develops and maintains Bell’s internal systems and applications while also developing integrated technology solutions for customers across all lines of business.
The team manages Bell’s IT Infrastructure and the service availability of over 700 applications, including mission critical billing and service systems. The IT delivery teams drive the IT Work Program with over 60% of IT capital invested in initiatives that support business unit priorities and Bell’s strategic imperatives.
The Information Technology – Billing Solutions Delivery team designs and implements integrated technology solutions for customers across all lines of business with focus on Bell’s billing and payment processing applications.
The Billing Solutions Delivery team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead delivery of IT solutions. The successful candidate will report to the Director, IT Delivery and will partner with IT Business Analysts, contractors and developers and other IT teams such as Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, Production Support etc for project deployments and further development of the applications. The candidate will be accountable to work with external vendors such as CGI, Amdocs and IBM. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment, to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support our IT and Business divisions, and is able to lead change through cross-functional teams or business unit projects.
- Oversee the successful delivery of large projects through the complete lifecycle. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all client stakeholders. Build positive and productive working relationships with our Business and vendor partners
- Understand the high-level technical architecture and being able to facilitate debate and guide decisions on appropriate solutions
- Contribute to the overall portfolio and delivery planning as required
- Ensure that corporate requirements, standards and best practices are followed to deliver each project to clients in a timely manner
- Monitor project process and track progress against milestones, scope and budget. Derive and input monthly cost estimate into appropriate systems
- Work with the Project team to address issues, risks, etc. impacting schedule, budget and milestones. Reporting on these items in to key stakeholders will be required
- Use best practice risk management, assess risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks
- You will compile, analyze, prepare and distribute data and reports that assist our leaders in the management of the department, resource planning and project status performance
- Follow our project and program methodology
- Prepare business case with IT Planning/PMO involvement on IT Core projects
- Responsible for preparing presentations, managing IT due diligence activities and driving the IT IPC gating process for project investment and approval
- Post secondary education with a business focus, or equivalent, and/or business/ IT Management Degree
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience with a proven track record of successful project planning, execution and control, Industry certifications such as the PMP (Project Management Professional) are an asset
- Strong leadership skills, Self starter and Fully Autonomous
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fluid team environment
- Extensive experience in managing project delivery involving multi-tiered systems integration.
- Strong analytical/conceptual skills
- Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization and across departments within our organization
- Ability to act as the sponsor and customer advocate throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid change
- Problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Sound business acumen
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a passion for IT and Project Management with a focus on delivering an exceptional experience to our customers
- Ability to support multiple delivery projects concurrently throughout their development lifecycle
- Enjoy project delivery and use your strong business sense to navigate difficult and challenging situations by providing recommendations to senior leaders on resolutions
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills, being able to provide clear, complete, and concise verbal instructions and written documentation
- Have the ability to deal courteously and effectively with people, to meet deadlines, to analyze and solve problems, as well as to interact and communicate effectively with a wider variety of levels of employees and external customers
- Be organized, highly effective at problem solving and have outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Work independently but understand the need to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be proficient in project management processes and tools including Microsoft Office Suite of programs including, MS Project, database, and presentation software
- Have the ability to translate and communicate complex customer issues and their resolution to senior management client teams and be seen as a thought leader
- Demonstrated experience in delivering and executing on key projects through cross functional teams
- Previous knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with programming languages is highly recommended
# Feature TC:ITN
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 06/26/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga