City : Winnipeg
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
As a member of the facility's FSQA team, the FSQA Technician spends a majority of his/her time on the production floor monitoring Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and other Quality Assurance Program requirements to ensure they are consistently achieved. Operating with a sense of urgency, the Technician is responsible for initiating immediate corrective actions wherever possible and escalating FSQA concerns as required. The Technician must be comfortable respectfully challenging others in a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
FSQA Technicians carry out a variety of tasks that may include but are not limited to:
• Perform and/or assist in daily quality and food safety related decision making based on established processes to ensure products meet the quality standards and food safety requirements of Maple Leaf Foods and its customers.
• Perform daily monitoring and verification tasks as outlined in the HACCP program and recommend corrective actions for deviations.
• Provide support and coaching to employees and production management to maintain and improve facility QA practices and procedures.
• Prepare sensory samples and participates in sensory evaluations.
• Perform data entry and data analysis tasks.
• Perform microbiological and analytical sampling for product and environment as required.
• Participate in projects and meetings with the goal of improving food safety and food quality.
• Assist in the implementation of changes that advance QA systems and/or programs.
• Conduct product audits.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• University degree or college diploma preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline.
• Previous experience in a food related technical role.
• Understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, HACCP, CCP’s and GMP’s.
• Intermediate systems skills (including MS Office).
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Interest and willingness to learn and teach others.
• Demonstrated alignment to the Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated