City : Brampton
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
• Provide support and guidance to Sanitation manager and contract sanitation crew applicable to food safety related items.
• Perform daily Pre-op inspection on assign areas and ensure all findings are corrected.
• Responsible for planning and executing of environmental monitoring program (EMP)
• In-depth analysis of Sanitation and EMP data including tracking and trending of results for Sanitation effectiveness and EMP programs.
• Provide support and direction to production supervisors.
• Provide leadership and direction to operators on the line with particular focus on CCPs and documentation.
• Write, revise and maintain quality and Sanitation SSOPs and FSQA SOPs including maintenance of the SSOPs, FSQA SOPs and directories.
• Conduct CCP and/or prerequisite program training including verification of training effectiveness and progressive disciplinary action as required. This includes training related to implementation of new programs and corrective actions related to deviations.
• Maintain and deliver GMP Training and CCP presentations as a member of the plant new hire orientation program.
• Conduct HACCP reassessment, monitoring and verification as per requirements of FSEP (Food Safety Enhancement Program) including updates to forms, document and programs as required.
• As a member of the cross-functional team, investigate, document (In SAP Non-conformance system) and establish/implement appropriate corrective action to address deviations (Non-conformances) related to all programs with specific focus on CCPs and quality critical non-conformances. Maintain “Hold and Release” databases (internal and SAP). There is a requirement for Root Cause Analysis competency.
• Immediately address deviations of FS/QA procedures by coaching, re-training or escalation including progressive discipline as required.
• Support the investigation of customer and consumer complaints including documentation of findings and drafting responses as appropriate.
• In-depth analysis of CCP (Critical Control Point) /CTQ (Critical to Quality) data as collected SAP (QM) including tracking and trending for interpretation and development of actions to address deviations.
• Support all aspects of audit preparation and execution (internal and external) including documentation preparation, program review, on-site inspection, training and other duties as required.
• Performance of other SAP functions as required such as hold/release program, inspection lot oversight, usage decisions, etc.
• Provide support to hourly production operators in delivery of FS/QA procedures
• Participate in management meetings, period review, Town hall meetings, other communication sessions, etc.
• Assist CFIA inspectors with CVS tasks or other support as requested.
• Participate in maintenance of the pest control program.
• Participate in Six Sigma projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Diploma in Food Safety/Science program or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a technical role
- Strong understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP, CCP’s and GMP’s
- Experience in the Food industry preferred
- Intermediate to exceptional MS Office skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work with a variety of people and to be assertive as required
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self directed and motivated
- Strong aptitude and inclination to learn
- Candidate must be business, results and values oriented, work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership values.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated