City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
• Supervise a staff of QA Process Leaders, ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business.
• Administering Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols
• Planning QA staffing requirements according to staffing levels and production demands, including approving of hours on a weekly basis and vacation scheduling.
• Work with the Employee Services Department to hire direct reports and onboard effectively
• Administer training (one on one, or group training). Training includes but is not limited to equipment training, food safety training, WHMIS, SDS packages, basic micro and chemistry.
• Participate in cross functional SOP development, updating and implementation.
• Provide HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verification's and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders
• Preparing for third party audits (CVS, HACCP, BRC, FSQMS or customer) and prepare/coach cross functional managers before and during these audits.
• Assist in follow up, investigations and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
• Assist with environmental monitoring program for all relevant parts of equipment and areas of the facility (RTE – TPC, Listeria, ATP, RAW – ATP, TPC). Ensure results are populated/updates in Environmental Monitoring System (EMS).
• Assist with analysis of sanitation/environmental data to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation and operations team feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
• Audit and report non-compliance and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements on a regular and daily basis.
• Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels
• Provides technical expertise to the Manufacturing Operations regarding product quality, food safety, and good manufacturing practices.
• Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction with respect to Quality Assurance/Food Safety and related activities in all programs such as Sanitation, BRC, Employee Relations, Health and Safety Programs etc.
• Developing a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
• Support and execute the Company’s Food Safety programs at the facility in conjunction with Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation and all other plant functional areas.
• Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations
• Required to move between shifts/departments for vacation support.
Responsible for the food safety and quality programs, and consistently deliver results. Holds their team accountable following start-up.
• Post secondary education, B.Sc. in Chemistry or Microbiology would be an asset.
• Supervisory experience 3+ years in FSQA within a food manufacturing environment, preferably in a unionized setting.
• Experience in basic food chemistry, basic microbiology, allergen controls, auditing, GFSI/BRC, sanitary design and HACCP principles.
• Ability to manage and build a team independently.
• Demonstrated ability to forge partnerships with multiple cross-functional areas, (i.e. Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation) to enhance efficiency and productivity.
• Knowledge of industry related quality systems and inspection programs.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Detail and results oriented.
• Very strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to communicate (i.e. read, speak and write) in English.
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel and Word).
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated