City : Brampton
Category : Safety, Testing, Quality Assurance
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The QA Supervisor is responsible for administering Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols at the Walker Drive facility. The candidate is responsible for ensuring a safe, cost effective and service-oriented department, while providing values-based leadership to their direct reports and other employees in the department.
- Supervise a staff of QA technicians, ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business.
- Planning staffing requirements according to staffing levels and production demands, including vacation scheduling.
- Maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current QA programs and internal SOPs and compliance with BU, CFIA and BRC requirements.
- Assist with HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verifications and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
- Assist with analysis of sanitation data to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation team feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
- Assist with third party audits (CVS, HACCP, BRC or customer) and prepare/coach cross functional managers before and during these audits.
- Assist in follow up and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Ensure that pest control program is being maintained and liaise with operator to ensure that all MLF and regulatory items are being met.
- Ensure that Allergen program is being followed to ensure that all MLF and regulatory items are being met.
- Conduct annual and new employee GMP and allergen training and revise training programs as required.
- Assist with cross functional SOP development and ensure that facility SOPs and related documents are in correct format, properly stored and distributed as per manufacturing excellence requirements.
- Conducting monthly GMP, internal and external audits with cross-functional team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assist cross functional team completing food safety incidents and investigating customer complaints.
- Provide functional support to crisis team including backing up QA manager as recall coordinator.
- Developing a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels.
- Take lead on executing various initiatives to improve the quality and safety of our process and products.
- Support QA and Food Safety functions on night shift as required.
- Support to Black Belts and Green Belt projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-Secondary Education in Food Science or related discipline
- 2-5 years’ experience in food related quality assurance role
- Excellent organizational, project management and multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance programs, HACCP systems and SOP's
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Windows
- Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.