Req Id: 202776
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Groups offers best practice services to support the organization, including Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Brand, Corporate Services – including HR, Communications, Real Estate, Security and Procurement & Value Creation.
The Real Estate Services group is located in the Corporate Services division of Bell Canada, and manages the real estate portfolio of BCE and its subsidiaries. Our mandate is to provide all Bell Canada and BCE employees with efficient and dynamic work environments while helping the company meet its business objectives by optimizing its real estate portfolio. We are also responsible for the reliability of electro-mechanical systems and general maintenance of building infrastructure, including employee workspace, telecommunications facilities and equipment storage.
Responsible for day-day operations of the facilities including but not limited to critical infrastructure equipment management, equipment maintenance and repairs, incident management, adherence to company and industry protocols, security and building operations technician(s). Also provides technical direction and consulting services on project as well as capital planning and building operations budget development. Accountable to ensure that systems are maintained and/or upgraded to leading best practices and manufacturer's recommendations, responding to system failures thus protecting business operations from interruptions/malfunctions.
The proponent is a mechanical and electrical operations subject matter expert with specific expertise related to: Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), emergency power generators, electrical distribution, commercial power, HVAC (heating, ventilation & air conditioning), building controls, plumbing & fire detection and suppression systems.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Oversight & Management of operational activities being performed by technical staff, both technicians and contractors
- Ensure zero network failures through a prudent maintenance and operating program
- Respond to and coordinate activities related to the recovery of any building system failure
- Procedures and programs: Emergency Operations Procedures (EOP), Health and Safety, risk management inspections, crisis simulations, and other issues related to the building
- Supervise building systems operations to ensure optimum building environment for data center operations and office functions with zero tolerance for failure. These systems include heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, standby power, life safety, security, structural, architectural landscaping, road works and paving
- Plan, schedule and prepare SMOP/Live Work permits for critical equipment preventative maintenance in alignment with the client’s business embargo dates
- Validate and document the completion of all PMR tasks and of all repairs
- Maintain equipment documentation: as-built drawings, specifications, shop drawings, operating manuals, samples and warranties
- Ensure that monitoring systems are functional and work with various systems to manage business risk
- Develop, communicate and implement corrective and preventative maintenance programs for all critical building systems
- Indentify and address SOP (Single Points of Failure)
- Monitor equipment capacity and growth trends for all building E/M systems
- Work closely with main internal client users to forecast load changes on E/M systems
- Review PMR and repair history to aid in life cycle costing analysis
- Review capital replacement programs & budgets
- Supervise / mentor of building technical resources as required
- Ensure that technicians are assisted, supervised, trained and followed in order to ensure that all services are provided on a timely and professional manner
- Reviews and evaluates performance of unionized employees under is direct supervision
- Ensure that the technicians and contractors working on site comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements and the right PPE is used at all times
- Ensure all service contracts are properly managed
- Oversees vendor/contractor services. Ensures optimum value and service is provided
- Manage, audit and document performance of outside contractors/vendors for service quality and cost effective solutions
- Negotiates contracts and services with the help of procurement
- Support best practices to reduce energy consumption
- Complete Property Inspections
- Annual updating of Key Facility Assessment
- Maintain and enforce health, safety and environmental procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and permit conditions
- Attend projects/site meetings and support the Project/Operations team on delivery of projects as required
- Issue PO and approve expenses incurred in his area of responsibility to ensure that they are in line with the established budgets
- Complete other duties as required, including call-outs and hands-on support as required during heavy workload, overhauls or emergency conditions
- Ensure that the environmental policy, building, RBQ, TSSA and ESA codes are adhered to
- May be required to work after hours or on weekends to perform intrusive work and/or respond to emergencies
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies :
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineer or Technologist with related expertise
- Licensed Individual (Mechanical and/or Electrical) preferred
- Seven or more years of experience managing the critical operations and/or maintenance of an industrial facility
- Knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, project controls and building support systems (DDC, BAS, etc)
- Strong trouble shooting skills. Detail and process oriented
- Knowledge on Security & life safety protocol and procedures
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office suite
- Strong time management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills/ Customer service skills
- Some experience at managing staff preferred
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Etobicoke
Application Deadline: 06/29/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto