A licensed Electrician will perform tasks to maintain and repair electrical systems in accordance with standard operating procedures. S/he will report to the Maintenance Manager however will receive direction from the Production Supervisor(s) on daily work that requires completion. Job Responsibilities:
- Trouble shoot electrical devices, A-B PLC’s and have a proactive approach to solving problems
- Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
- Operate all power truck equipment, such as stacker, forklift, and counter balance, reach trucks and walkie/rider.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area(s).
- Manage own work sequence.
- Complete required documentation accurately and neatly.
- Follow standard operating procedures.
- Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies.
- Adhere to all food safety, health & safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices guidelines and applicable statues and procedures.
- Commitment to Maple Leaf Foods Safety Promise.
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Provincial Certificate for Electrician ‘A’
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a refrigeration B ticket in good standing with the T.S.S.A
- Experience with computers, paperwork accuracy, and SAP
- Successfully pass in house power truck theoretical and practical training and tests
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Physically fit to perform required tasks including heaving lifting greater than 25kgs
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
- Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Variable temperatures
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting and shoveling
- Basic computer experience and knowledge with SAP is an asset
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work