Req Id: 202983
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
BCE is Canada’s largest communications company, providing the most comprehensive and innovative suite of communications services to residential and business customers in Canada.
The Business Decision Support team is responsible for providing economic and financial expertise and guidance to the business units of Bell Canada in executing capital investments supporting strategic and tactical business plans and regulatory filings with the CRTC.
Bell Canada’s business model is driven by its selection and deployment of technologies and this position will enable you to:
- Help influence the company’s decisions on its new service offerings by understanding the underlying costs and capabilities;
- Further develop your economic/financial related skills;
- Deepen your knowledge of Bell Canada’s data, broadband and other growth technologies;
- Understand how these technologies are deployed in operations and used to construct new product/service offerings;
- Enhance your knowledge of emerging services.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Develop and update Expense Unit Costs for wireline, wireless and other growth technologies used in Bell Canada and Bell Mobility;
- Contribute to the advancement of modelling cost of providing services over current and new technologies;
- Contribute to developing and updating all forward looking BDS Service Cost Models (IPVPN, Ethernet, Internet, IPTV, BTC, etc);
- Develop relationships with Subject Matter Experts within Product Marketing, Technology Development, Network Planning and Operations to gain understanding of emerging network technology and provisioning practices;
- Work with Legal, Regulatory Affairs, and other Finance teams to support economic forward-looking costing studies and business cases at the service / contract level;
- Provide costing support and consultation services to all lines of business performing Economic Studies as well as Pricing, Product Management and Technology Development;
- Contribute to modernizing and advancing Excel / Access based tools used internally to calculate, store and share costs with clients;
- Develop and support expense costs used in regulatory studies such as tariff filings and other proceedings with the CRTC.
- Ability to manage and understand customers’ needs and ability to find and process company data to support business decisions and regulatory filings.
- Must have strong analytical and quantitative abilities – university level in business/economics/engineering or sciences.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with people at all levels within the company.
- Must have strong interest in technology and embrace learning about new technology that supports current and future telecom services.
- Must have general knowledge about the Canadian telecom landscape including Bell Canada’s national wireline and wireless footprint and relationships at the retail and wholesale levels.
- Must have superior office productivity software skills, particularly in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment, be a self-starter and must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset for this position
- Familiarity with SAP
- Familiarity with programming (C++, .net/VBA) is an asset
- Familiarity with Bell Canada’s organizational structure
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/27/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa