Req Id: 195712
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
- Manage, maintain and monitor all web servers for the production, quality assurance and development environments, consisting primarily of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat) and other systems (Windows), all of which operate on VMware and OpenStack platforms.
- Participate in the automated deployment of operating system and application migrations.
- Configure new servers and maintain existing ones. Configure equipment, services, parameters and storage in accordance with operational requirements.
- Install, configure and optimize all related web applications such as Apache, Tomcat, NGINX and Varnish.
- Install, configure, administer and secure database servers or their entities (MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB). Analyze their performance. Provide optimization services for SQL queries from web development teams.
- Assist web development teams in performing load tests for web applications and databases.
- Manage and maintain security policies for systems and applications.
- Manage and monitor appropriate system and database backup strategies in order to minimize downtime and reduce recovery times.
- Carry out continuous performance tuning, operating system and application upgrades, and resource optimization, as required.
- Occasionally provide technical support on-call, to help maintain 24/7 service.
- Adequately document operations.
- At least five years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good understanding of issues surrounding service quality
- Firm command of cache systems and CDNs (Akamai, Varnish)
- Solid understanding of web hosting and high-availability techniques (load balancers [LB] and web application firewalls [WAF] such as F5, FortiGate, DNS and HTTP)
- Firm command of the Linux operating system, primarily CentOS, RHEL and Ubuntu Server
- Experience in database administration and design with MySQL and MongoDB, as well as solid optimization skills
- Extensive knowledge of server management and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Ganglia and New Relic
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Satellite and GLPI
- Experience using management tools such as Red Hat Satellite and Ansible Tower
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Open-mindedness and willingness to discover new technologies
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization software (VMware vCenter, VSphere, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of script languages such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Experience in high-traffic web environments (load balancing, web cache)
- Knowledge of CMSs (Drupal, Polopoly, Adobe) an asset
- Bilingual (English and French)
Bilingualism (English and French) is required
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/30/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal