Req Id: 193091
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the incumbent acts as a technical leader responsible for the design, delivery and infrastructure development supporting our business customers’ environments. Part of the Converged Infrastructure Services (CIS), the position represents a great challenge from a technological point of view and is a key factor in the success of the portfolio of Professional Services.
Core Duties and responsibilities
- Customer Trusted Advisor for dedicated accounts and End to End accountability for the technological directions, architecture, deployment, implementation solution and strategic planning.
- Involved and/or informed with all aspects and activities in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) projects: from concept definition, through requirements analysis and implementation, ending up with handover to IT ops and business-as-usual ongoing maintenance.
- Capture customer requirements, advising and assisting Implementation teams in the provision of design and implementation requirements.
- Act as the Lead Architect and Technical Design Authority for large and complex solutions project delivery.
- Integrate different technology layers in an overall architecture.
- Act as visionary and strategist for BBM’s top customers.
- Must act and support Senior Technical Architect R&R.
- Accountable for the delivery planning phase between different solution components such as networking, security, data center, unified communication, call center, wireless, etc.
- Lead the technical virtual team assigned to a client/project.
- Validate detailed engineering plans designed by the team of specialists (SMEs) and ensure it aligns with overall architecture and strategic plan established for customers.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Lead technical communication with various executive stakeholders, including IT director, CIO,CTO on strategic decisions.
- Holistic view throughout the life-cycle of the client deal, from Pre-Sales through Delivery to Operations. Identifies issues at key gates to de-risk solutions including contract agreement, operations and business processes to provide directions and recommendations.
- Contribute to the selling process and proposal development. Validate statements of work, assess integration risks and evaluate estimates.
- Guarantees excellent business relationship with customer and customer satisfaction.
Additional Duties and responsibilities
- Understand IT market evolution and how it translates to solution definition.
- Participate in IT governance (internal and external) review and milestone.
- Contribute to services-related Request For Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) response and winning client engagements.
- Working with Product Management and Technical Fellows, to help identify evolving market requirements and define the market selling propositions, key product messages, and competitor differentiators.
- Work with Delivery Practice Leads to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution area.
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources.
- Promote and identify opportunities for organic growth.
Critical competencies in Leadership
- Strong leadership
- Strong planning skills to prioritize activities in order of importance
- Team work spirit
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interest in acquiring technical and commercial knowledge of one or more customers
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and constant growing environment
Qualifications Education and Experience Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in:
- providing technical consulting and leadership in developing performance, capacity, and scalable architectures and in deploying large to complex Information & Communication Technology (ICT) solutions
- in communicating complex technical information effectively and appropriately to technical leaders and business stakeholders
- in utilizing products and technologies to develop client-oriented strategies and solutions
- in relevant experience in direct contact with customers in professional services context
- in the design and deployment of emerging networking, unified communication, security, storage and virtualization, data center technologies, etc.
- Have received a Secret Level of Federal Government Security Clearance
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to virtually lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management, (ITSM))
- Develops architecture specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements in a "trusted advisor" role.
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Certifications recognized by major manufacturers (Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, etc.)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Visio
- Skills in designing and deploying solutions , configuring telecommunications hardware and laboratory tests (proof of concept)
- Knowledge of applications related to telecommunications such as WAN, IP telephony, wireless services (WiFi), security infrastructure, data center, storage, system management platforms, UC/collaboration, telepresence, etc
- Knowledge of managed services environment and tools (HP OpenView, Maximo, CA,..)
- Knowledge of TOGAF and ITIL
- Knowledge of products and services from Bell Canada
- Knowledge of products from the major manufacturers in the telecommunication industry
- Knowledge of emerging products and services
Bilingualism is required (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Application Deadline: 07/27/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa