Job Type: New Graduate
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver
You have not figured it out, but you know that you have come to enjoy:
- Taking on an technical problem head on without hesitation
- Researching and satisfying your curiosity of unknowns with Google
- Coming up with creative IT solutions
- Going above and beyond and over the moon in implementing a solution
- Systematically reviewing your work and testing it thoroughly to ensure the job has been done right
As a member of Cyber Risk Services, you will interact with clients both locally and globally to assist with managing their cyber risk profile. You should be comfortable managing timelines; be able to travel to (on occasion); following established methodologies; and creating clear and concise deliverables. Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Supporting the team on security/controls and risk management solution development and system integration
- Supporting the group in identifying risks and controls within business and IT processes for various initiatives
- Performing security related technical implementation based activities on systems implementation projects
- Assisting with the development of security strategies, policies and standards
- Researching and resolve complex issues and develop innovative solutions for clients
In return, you will get an exposure to a variety of different work activities in different industry sectors available in Deloitte’s Cyber Risk portfolio of service offerings such as (but not limited to):
- Security management. Strengthen our client’s security policies, standards, governance, strategies and metrics with automated risk and compliance solutions.
- Security operations. Monitor security risks, respond to incidents and prevent the exploitation of vulnerabilities.
- Application security. Keeping pace with vulnerabilities and helping clients develop more secure code.
- Identity & Access Management. Ensuring only authorized access to information at any time.
- Vulnerability Management. Understanding the assets in an organization, identifying vulnerabilities (aka ethical hacking), recommending remediation options.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence. Keeping a vigilant eye on zero day and other evolving threats around the world.
- Cyber War-Gaming; Helping clients practice how to survive a cyber attack.
- Cyber Incident Response; Helping clients once breached.
- Risk and Security Analytics. Using latest technology in analytics to solve tough security problems.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Graduating with an Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Security or related field in 2018;
- The ability to work independently as part of solution teams
- Proven creativity, the ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership and initiative, in and out of the work environment
- Strong research skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or curiosity with security or privacy enhancing technologies
- Security analytics (including predicative analytics, quantitative and statistical analysis as it relates to IT Security)
- Knowledge a development language such as Java or .NET and concepts such as Waterfall and Agile Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of the operating system platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Understanding of networking devices and their capabilities along with general IP protocol knowledge
- Understanding of common technologies such as databases, web servers, firewalls and mobile devices
Please ensure to include the following:
- Submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in pdf file
- Ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up-to-date
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the deadline date
Application Deadline: September 24, 2017
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providing our people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.