A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Commercial Execution Manager The Opportunity:
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Commercial Execution Manager is accountable for the successful end-to-end execution of marketing initiatives. This will be accomplished through effective partnering and coordination of efforts with both the Marketing and Operations teams. The Manager will ensure detailed plans are established and that competing cross-functional initiatives are understood to ensure alignment from all stakeholders. The Manager will directly manage commercial projects, ensuring deliverables are met and standard disciplines are adhered to. Success will require a highly engage leader who understands the importance of “speed to market” and is collaborative, assertive, process oriented with a focus on continuous improvement. A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Coordinate, plan and execute activities related to commercial launches and ‘in market’ changes to products
- Ensure initiatives within the commercial execution plan are directly tied to strategy, bringing outliers to Steering Committee for discussion
- Lead cross-functional execution teams to ensure commercial initiatives are executed with excellence (“right the first time”) which includes communicating key critical path dates and ensuring that each milestone is clearly defined and met throughout each project
- Demonstrate disciplined project management skills; utilizing the tools, product launch methodologies, and SAP RD system to manage/execute all launches at the sku level
- Understand time sensitive requirements of product launches, minimizing delays to critical path activities, working to resolve issues as they are identified
- Develop an understanding of the objectives, opportunities and constraints of both marketing and manufacturing stakeholder teams -gather the collective voice of each and advocate accordingly in key discussions
- Establish rhythms with Marketing/Operations to ensure the changing needs of the commercial plan are identified and incorporated into execution plans
- Assist Marketing with defining opportunities for executing of unique customer requirements
- Apply thought leadership and judgement to enable fact based and nimble decision making
- Track and report progress against all initiatives
- Monitor performance of commercial execution, providing visibility to metrics with a focus on driving improvement
- Train and coach others regarding execution disciplines
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5+ years relevant experience in Commercial Execution
- Post secondary education
- High degree of business acumen with a proven ability to understand and lead commercialization processes (annual planning, meeting facilitation, cross-functional engagement, executive level interaction)
- Superior organizational skills and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to forge cross-functional relationships through strong interpersonal skills
- Effective facilitator – proven ability to bring people together and broker robust dialogue to solve problems
- Strong communication skills -highly skilled at synthesizing information for sharing appropriately with various audiences
- Strategic thinker – ability to understand the big picture and make decisions grounded in sound business judgement
- Understanding of regulatory, packaging graphics and SAP RD processes an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.